Minneapolis WordPress developer Mitch Rossow has been developing WordPress websites since 2007. Whether you need a complete site or just development, Mitch has all the skills necessary. Check out my portfolio of WordPress sites I designed and built in my website portfolio.
WordPress Developer Skills
I have a very particular set of skills.
- Professionally building with WordPress since 2007
- Hand-wrote html/css sites before since 1997
- Professional graphic designer since 1990
- Mastery of numerous design programs, began with Photoshop 1.1
- Typography nerd
- Grew up in a print shop, started programming on a Heathkit Computer
- Member of numerous WordPress organizations
- Attended Minneapolis WordCamp since WordCamp MSP 2010
How did I get here?
My life has been a bit of a slum dog millionaire path to WordPress development. My parents were a machinist and a secretary who started a quick printing company in the 1970s. So I grew up in a print shop surrounded by the chemical and physical versions of today’s digital media. I set type by hand, sized photos on a 1300-pound process camera. It was an odd childhood I will cherish forever.
I went on to the University of Wisconsin to study art and design. Moved to Minneapolis in the 90s, going on to work for General Mills, several music companies and eventually going freelance. I like variety of work and trying out new challenges.
I love learning. And consequently the web called to me very early on. Well, the internet actually, I was ‘surfing’ Compuserve and the BBS networks in grade school. I even tried building my own BBS. Computers, design and photography have been a part ofmy entire life so evidently this is what I’m supposed to do.